Fashion trends come and go, but the trends you choose to adopt into your wedding day plans will have a major impact on the overall success of the most important day of your life. That’s why it’s especially important to be discerning when it comes to keeping up with the latest bridal trends. If you’re a bride-to-be who’s looking for some wedding inspiration, consider these 7 upcoming trends for 2018, and think about which ones would work best with your personality, and the overall look you want for your wedding day.
- 3D Florals: This trend can be applied to your bridal gown design, or incorporated into the décor of your wedding venue melbourne for a quirky and fashion-forward look. Instead of having flowers embroidered into the lace of your wedding dress, some brides are opting to create a 3D effect, letting the design pop for a beautiful and unique style. This is a great choice for bold brides who want to make a statement on their big day.
- Pastels: The pastel trend will be everywhere in 2018 – you’ve probably already seen it on the trainers of every teenager you know. This trend has made its way into weddings, too. Quirky brides who are bored of the white rule will be embracing pale pinks and blues in their gown designs. If you’re not quite brave enough to turn your back on the traditional white dress altogether, you can easily work this trend into your décor for a pretty, romantic effect.
- Rustic: The rustic theme has been around for a while now, and it’s still a popular and fashion-forward choice. Make this trend work by bringing plenty of natural elements into your design, opting for wildflower arrangements, and using quirky lighting to create a homey, old-fashioned feel for your special day.
- Street Food: Gone are the days where every respectable bride and groom served up a standard 3-course meal. In 2018, you’ll see weddings with a vast range of culinary options, including street food favourites like pizza, burritos, and gourmet burgers. This is a great opportunity to choose foods you and your fiancé truly love instead of getting stuck in a traditional wedding food rut.
- Magic and Whimsy: Couples who like to embrace the whimsical side of life will love this hot trend for 2018. Whimsical weddings embrace bold pops of colour, quirky décor, wild and wonderful cake designs, and creative bridal gowns. Not for the faint of heart, this trend is perfect for those who want to break outside of the traditional wedding box and create a truly magical and unique day.
- 1970s Vibes: The 70s are making a comeback in 2018, with off the shoulder gowns, floral designs, and ruffles all making a splash on the wedding scene. You don’t have to go full costume to make this trend work – a little nod to the decade will work perfectly.
- Pearls: Brides who prefer classic styles to lots of sparkle with love this trend. Pearls are everywhere in 2018, from bridal headwear to dresses and jewellery. This could be the perfect moment to raid your grandmother’s jewellery box for some wedding day inspiration. Pearls look especially beautiful stitched into your gown for a classic touch.