Picking the best musicians for your wedding day can be one of the most daunting parts of the wedding planning process. When it comes down to it, there is a lot to choose from and think about. First off, you want to consider your budget. In most cases, you are not going to have the money to fly in talent and you probably won’t have the money to hire big name talent. However, just because you can’t hire big name talent, it doesn’t mean that you can’t hire a band or DJ that will really get the party started. Here are five tips to help you pick the best musicians and entertainment for your wedding day.
- Something for everybody. There are some genres of music that just shouldn’t be played at a wedding. Even though you may have a personal taste in a certain style or genre of music, it doesn’t mean that the music should be a part of the entertainment at your wedding. For instance, heavy metal music will probably clash with your wedding and the people attending your wedding. So, try and choose a style of music that is for everyone.
- To go live or not to go live. You could go with hiring a live band, but this can often be more expensive. Also, not everyone may like the style of the band you chose. Your other alternative is to hire a DJ. Yet, you have to find a DJ that has an interest in music that you, your spouse and your wedding guests will all enjoy. When it comes down to it, there are many wedding DJs that know exactly what kind of music to play.
- More for your money. These days, people are coming up with lots of interesting concepts for entertainment at weddings. However, if you really want to get the best bang for you buck, go with an entertainment service that can perform two tasks at once. For instance, Soundwave DJ and Photo will not only DJ your wedding reception, but they will also take pictures. This two in one deal can save your business a lot money.
- Your first dance. When it comes down to it, your first dance as a married couple is incredibly important. So, you want to factor this into your criteria when you are trying to decide on what kind of entertainment to offer guests at your wedding. Do you like country? Do you like rockabilly? Finding out what you want to dance to will give you a good starting off point in actually deciding what kind of entertainment you would like at your wedding.
- Meet with the musician or DJ. If you really want to hire the right band, or DJ, you have to meet the person. Sometimes all it takes is a one-on-one session to know that you click with a person. At the end of the day, choosing the musician and entertainment for your wedding is critical, because if people aren’t dancing, they probably aren’t having fun.